The International Association of Design Industry Entrepreneurs (IADIE) is a more than just an association. We are a movement. A movement for the seriously creative and serious design biz owners. A movement towards prosperity, purpose and passion.
Our organization was founded for design industry entrepreneurs who are passionate about transforming and growing their design-related businesses while also making a positive and lasting social impact. At IADIE, we help connect, inspire, empower and educate our members through books, online education, tele-events, webinars, physical events and much more. Our weekly newsletter goes out to over 5,000 professionals in the design and home improvement industry.
IADIE is unique in that we are the ONLY association to welcome and serve all professionals in the design and home improvement industries while also placing a strong focus on the entrepreneurial aspects of running a design-related business.
IADIE members are savvy, forward-thinking business owners and entrepreneurs who operate businesses in the field(s) of: Interior Design, Interior Re-Design, Interior Decorating, Home Staging, Organizing, Home Improvement, Landscape Design, Commercial Design, Home Furnishings, Home Accessories and Custom Window Coverings (whether operating a store front or a shop-at-home business).
IADIE provides powerful resources, networking, leadership, mentoring, education and encouragement to empower its members to achieve their business and life goals while facilitating a culture of giving back and paying forward.
What do we do for our members?
- We lead.
- We advocate.
- We solve problems.
- We spotlight and promote our members.
- We create community.
- We innovate.
- We recognize patterns and detect opportunities for our members.
- We filter out and help our members focus on what is important.
- We share resources.
- We give back and we pay it forward.
IADIE empowers and inspires our members to find purpose, passion and profit in their businesses and lives by sharing unique and essential resources, connections, education, knowledge and support while manifesting a spirit of giving back and paying forward.
1. To have a positive, measurable and lasting effect for entrepreneurs, small business owners in the design industry and the economy as a whole.
2. To empower design industry entrepreneurs and business owners through support and education.
3. To support design industry entrepreneurs through every phase of their business: start up, growth or planning and executing exit strategies.
4. To empower our members to fulfill their visions and goals; whether it is to expand into new markets, reach the Fortune 500 or achieve freedom and life balance.
5. To facilitate social and environmental entrepreneurism within the design industry and create a meaningful experience for all of our members.
Ashley Whittenberger started the International Association of Design Industry Entrepreneurs to help support, educate, connect, inspire and empower her design industry colleagues in order to help them make the shift from just having a job, to having thriving businesses which will have a positive and lasting impact on the economy, our communities and the environment.
Though her main focus has shifted to managing her companies (www.ashleywhittenberger.com) and helping other design industry entrepreneurs, Ashley continues to serve as Principal & Chief Decorating Officer of Interiority Complex, LLC , a Texas-based staging and design firm which she started in 2002. Prior to launching Interiority Complex, Ashley was an award winning top-producer with two national homebuilders, as well as a licensed Realtor who served as the Director of Sales and Marketing for an urban luxury development in downtown Austin. Prior to entering the realm of real estate, Ashley was literary agent who worked with some of the best-selling self-help and business authors of our time.
Since starting her business, she has grown Interiority Complex from a one-person shop-at-home business to a successful and profitable company and network of talented stagers and designers. The company she has created continues to grow and expand into markets in other areas of the country.
As an entrepreneur and design business owner herself, Ashley is familiar with the struggles, challenges and opportunities which face other entrepreneurs in the design industry. What made a fundamental difference on her journey to success was finding mentors and like-minded professionals who shared similar challenges and provided support. Ashley followed in the footsteps of her successful mentors and implemented strategic steps in her business to reach her goals. But the journey to success was a bit lonely, as she saw many of her peers and colleagues lose faith and return to work that wasn’t fulfilling their creative sides.
Now that Interiority Complex is an smooth-running and successful operation, Ashley spends most of her time writing, teaching, training and consulting. She is often invited to speak before design industry and home staging trade associations, real estate associations as well as other professional groups and organizations. Ashley has been featured in the Austin Business Journal, on Fox 7’s Good Day Austin and on The Austin Real Estate Experts, a television show featuring the hottest topics, trends and tips in the Austin real estate market.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Window Treatment Professional
- Real Estate Staging Expert
- Austin Board of Realtors
- Austin Women Entrepreneurs
- Texas State Chapter of the Real Estate Staging Association, currently serving as president
- Nominated by the Austin Business Journal for their annual Profiles in Power/ Women of Influence awards.
- Named State Chapter President of the Year for 2010 by the Real Estate Staging Association.
- President and Founder of the International Association of Design Industry Entrepreneurs.
- CEO, Interiority Complex, LLC
- CEO, Ashley Whittenberger Companies, Inc.
Would you like to have Ashley as a guest speaker for your group? Click here for more information.